Monday, November 5, 2012

Grocery Shopping - Sandy


Being on Long Island, we've had to deal with the aftermath of the superstorm that was Sandy. The storm was as bad as they said it would be and more. So bad that I am paranoid about taking my car out of my driveway due to the gas shortages that it has caused.

We opened our house to friends and family who were out of power or heat or displaced for other reasons. So periodically we had to make runs to the grocery store. After my sister was verbally and almost physically assaulted by a crazy who was suffering from either cabin fever or gasoline withdrawal, I decided to strap on my backpack hopped on my bicycle and went food shopping myself.

It was so liberating! And it took almost no time. Let's hear it for transportation alternatives!



1 comment:

  1. It’s a blog with full of latest and spectacular information’s – This blog has helped me to gain much more information. I would like to appreciate the blog owner for his efforts
    Digital Jukeboxes

    ReplyDelete